What is Research?
Research, in the broadest sense, is the search for new knowledge or a systematic investigation in order to establish facts. In a narrower sense, research is a scientific method (process) of studying something.
The main goal of conducting qualitative online research is to search (evaluate) the latent characteristics of consumer behavior, for example: unstructured brand health metrics. And unstructured factors of motivation for the use and purchase of a product (service). Or patterns (attitudes) that form the brand’s image in the minds of typical representatives of the target audience.
The research consists of two stages:
- Learn HOW to do (research work). In the process, we study the environment of the company: what types of customers there are, how they make purchasing decisions, what competitors are, how they are promoting, market trends.
- Do (design work). Based on the data obtained, we improve the user experience with the company. In a simple way: we make the structure of the site simpler, the sections of the site are more convenient, we simplify the texts. As a result, it is easier and easier for users to interact with the company on the Internet, he has pleasant feelings and emotions, he buys more and more often.
What is Research used for?
Increased competition is forcing market participants to accelerate the acquisition of information for decision-making. The online data collection time is reduced to a minimum and gives you the ability to monitor consumers through regular or tracking surveys. When such needs arise, so does the solution, Research.
Apply or follow certain research methods such as:
- Find and test the target audience of the product / service.
- Estimate real and potential demand.
- Make a portrait of the consumer and a map of his preferences.
- Assess the quality of service and customer loyalty.
- Test new products and services.
- Analyze the effectiveness of advertising.
- Determine your position among competitors.
In short, we can find out the needs of consumers (buyers), the target audience, or how to reach it. Such research makes it possible to optimize costs by saving time and investment for a strategy that does not work.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?